Throughout 2017 and into the first half of 2018, several opportunities for input will be provided, either online or in-person. Draft plan products will be posted on this website as they begin to emerge.
Notifications for upcoming Planning Commission meetings will be shared, and materials prepared for Planning Commission review will also be shared on this website.
- Planning Commission Meeting – June 21, 2017, 7:00 p.m., Apple Valley Municipal Center
- Planning for Resilient Cities Workshop – June 27, 2017, 1:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Apple Valley Senior Center
FREE Event, please RSVP online at: http://allianceforsustainability.com/dakotaworkshop. Co-sponsored by the Alliance for Sustainability, Dakota County, and City of Apple Valley.
- Home & Garden Expo 2017 – April 8, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
City staff and members of the consultant team kicked off the Comprehensive Plan Update activities with a City of Apple Valley booth at the Home and Garden Expo. We received a lot of positive and meaningful feedback about Imagine Apple Valley 2040.
- Kick-off Meeting with Consultant Team – March 14, 2017
City staff met with consultants for the elements of the plan to discuss coordination, schedule and next steps.
- Planning Commission Visioning Meeting – March 30, 2017
A presentation to the Planning Commission provided background information on comprehensive planning in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area and an overview of the planning process between March, 2017 and December, 2018. (Download PDF 4.5MB)